With increasing pressures to make savings to the public purse, the ability to demonstrate value for money and the impact of new policies has never been more important. Good evaluation is central to this and can improve policies, maximise outcomes and inform future decision making.
TNS BMRB has been helping government to evaluate key policy for many years and has undertaken a number of flagship evaluations across departments. Our aim is to continue supporting government in this task by offering robust and reliable research methods, innovative approaches and insightful and strategic outputs.
Our dedicated evaluation team specialises in Policy Evaluation research. The team brings together experts in evaluation methods from across TNS BMRB and also links with the TNS Policy Evaluation Taskforce, which draws knowledge from Canada, Germany, Australia and the UK. We undertake evaluations independently as well as in consortia with a number of specialist partners working in this field. We place great emphasis on developing effective partnership working with all those involved, including our specialist partners, our government clients, stakeholders and where appropriate, those delivering policies on the ground.
TNS BMRB is able to provide responsive and robust formative and summative evaluation exploring: how policy is delivered (process evaluation); what difference the policy makes (impact assessment); and how far the benefits justify the costs (economic analysis). As research specialists, we are able to utilise a range of methodological approaches, including qualitative, quantitative and digital methods. We are also expert in a range of approaches including deliberative techniques, action research, service transformation and behaviour change methods. We are able to tailor deliverables to meet the needs of recipients, and have considerable expertise in developing good practice guidance.
Please contact our Evaluation Group to discuss your needs.
Some examples of our work include:
- The National Evaluation of Extended Services (DfE)
- The Evaluation of the Impact of Skills for Life Learning (DfE)
- Evaluation of the Parenting Information Programme (DfE)
- Evaluation of the Child Poverty Pilots for Separating Parents (DfE)
- Evaluation of Supported Housing Pilots for Teenage Parents (DfE)
- Evaluation of the Connexions Service (DfE)
- Evaluation of the New Deal (DWP)
- The One Evaluation (DWP)
- Evaluation of the Adult Learning Option (DWP)
- The Evaluation of the Mandatory Basic Skills Pilots (DWP)
- Evaluation of the Local Young Victims of Crime Pilots (OCJR)