Businesses play an important role in achieving public policy outcomes through their contribution to economic activity, as employers, consumers of public services and, increasingly, as partners in delivering public services.
Using research to better understand businesses’ perspective as customers, partners and stakeholders is central to ensuring policies work as effectively as possible in changing behaviours, maximising outcomes and informing future decision making, Good research ‘bridges the gap’ by identifying the enablers and barriers to ‘how business can better help the Government deliver its ambitions?’ and ‘how the Government can better support businesses and promote growth?’
TNS BMRB has a strong reputation for successfully designing and delivering large, complex and challenging business to business studies to:
- Monitor business performance and sentiment – Click to view case study
- Drive improvements in service delivery – Click to view case study
- Inform the design and improvement of services – Click to view case study 1 – Click to view case study 2
- Evaluate impact of government policy – Click to view case study
- Engage and consult stakeholders – Click to view case study
Our team includes specialist researchers with extensive experience of exploring business and public policy issues. The team brings together expertise in customer insight, behaviour change, stakeholder research, service design and evaluation and economic development. It includes qualitative and quantitative research skills and experts in survey design and analysis. We specialise in conducting multi-faceted studies, covering mixed audiences and using different techniques, drawing the findings together to maximise learning. We draw on wider expertise including:
- Our survey methods centre who design complex sampling and weighting for business surveys
- International expertise from across our global offices
- Specialist B2B fieldforce numbering 300, including team of executive (C-suite) interviewers
- Partners with complementary knowledge and skills including economists, academics, policy and marketing experts.
We work closely with our clients and their stakeholders to uncover the real business need and inform the design of the study and outputs that address the underlying questions and produce actionable recommendations. We use a range of strategic tools as diverse as conjoint, deliberative research, segmentation, customer journey mapping, video ethnography, insight audits and online forums, as well as proprietary analytical tools and more traditional qualitative and quantitative methodologies and analysis techniques. These enable our clients to understand what difference their policy makes (impact assessment), and where improvements can increase the efficacy (outcomes) and cost effectiveness (value) of the service and/or encourage greater engagement and changes in behaviour.
Please contact our Business-to-Business experts, shown in the ‘Research Experts in this area’ box to the right, to discuss your needs.