Based in Accra and reporting to the MD of TNS RMS Ghana, the position holder will head up the social and public research division in Ghana. The position involves building relationships through excellent delivery of primary research to our social research clients, who are mainly foreign donor organisations, Ghanaian and international non-Governmental organisations and consulting companies and agencies. You will be leading innovation in the team and can take the team in the direction you want – there is lots of flexibility in terms of areas of focus, that may suit your interests.
TNS is a global leader in impact assessment, monitoring and evaluation, needs assessment, large-scale surveys, complex statistical analysis, tracking studies, new product and service development testing, ethnographic and participatory research and opinion polling.
The company specialises in methodologies and field implementation, and works in a range of thematic areas including health and sanitation, agriculture, governance, education and poverty more generally among other areas.
All responsibilities relate to managing of qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods primary research projects, namely:
- Planning and execution – study design, tool development, preparatory for fieldwork, fieldwork monitoring, analysis and report writing
- Managing and developing client relationships by providing the highest level of client service
- Creation of proposals to meet client needs
- Participating in costing processes, preparing draft costs & checking quotations
- Coaching/ on the job training
- Management of the team
- Promoting team spirit and encouraging team cohesion
- Fostering a learning environment through sharing ideas, information
Personal qualities desired:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for research
- Innovative and flexible
- Multi-tasker – running a number of different stages of execution
- At least 4 years of experience in primary research and in particular social research, ideally in a commercially oriented research agency or organisation
- Or at least 4 years consulting experience involving research
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a relevant subject such as sociology, social anthropology, statistics or similar
- Proven ability in the required skills
TNS offers competitive salaries, inclusive of expat benefits. If you believe you fit this profile send your application by email including a short summary of why your experience meets the above. Please provide a reference we can speak to.
If you would like more information about the position, please contact us to arrange a chat.