London, More London Place, SE1
Kantar Public is the leading social research agency in the UK. We specialise in providing knowledge, evidence and insight that helps Government, the private sector and the Third Sector plan and care for society. Our dedicated qualitative team works on a wide range of high-profile projects, pioneering the latest techniques and methods in order to meet the ever developing needs of our clients.
We are looking for a talented Director for our Qualitative practice – someone with a desire to lead, support business growth, and deliver the best possible insight and evidence to our clients. You will:
- Be an expert qualitative practitioner, with solid social research skills
- Have experience in leading a team and supporting talent development
- Have an established new business track record, with creative ideas on generating new revenue streams
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, a desire to learn and a desire to lead
- Relish the opportunity to play a leading role in a team which is both well established and keen to do new things.
Candidates will be interested in developing their career through growing a senior leadership role.
Scope of role, and responsibilities
The role will involve the following activities:
- Supporting the Unit Head and Deputy Head in the management of the team.
- Playing a leading and pro-active role in new business activity – across a range of clients, methodologies and subject areas.
- Contributing to strategic planning alongside other senior staff – identifying and enabling new growth opportunities; supporting methodological innovation; and helping further expand our client base.
- Supporting finance, HR and operational reporting.
- Ensuring that projects are delivered profitably and to targets
- Helping clients achieve their goals by providing robust evidence and strong strategic insight
- Leading numerous and varied qualitative and/or mixed method research studies, including overseeing project management and involvement in a range of fieldwork methods, analysis, outputs, quality assurance and day-to-day liaison with clients.
- Developing new and existing client relationships, on projects and more widely, and new avenues of business.
- Working closely with other Kantar Public teams (e.g. policy, communications, big surveys) to design and deliver mixed-method projects.
- Supporting other team members to deliver great work and realise their potential.
- Contributing to strategic thinking and planning for the qualitative team and Kantar Public as a whole.
- Contributing to the profile of Kantar Public, including speaking at client events and conferences.
Kantar Public operates from smart, sunny offices near London Bridge station. Our qualitative researchers are truly talented and come from a wide range of backgrounds and specialisms – which means this role is an excellent opportunity to be supported by a great team of impressive people, whilst continuing to further their development and growth. We also work closely with our quantitative colleagues and take a collaborative approach to devising and delivering great work for our clients. If you want to work with people that thrive on challenge and have a real focus on quality, you will love it here.
Our commitment to talent development extends to senior staff, with a diverse array of training and development opportunities. Kantar Public benefits from being able to draw on the wider resources of TNS UK and our Kantar and WPP partners. Whilst continuing to build on your public sector expertise, this can offer excellent opportunities for learning more about cutting-edge methods, approaches, and ways of working from our wider UK and international colleagues. Candidates who are eager to learn about other disciplines and work collaboratively within Kantar Public but also more widely will find ample opportunity to do so.
- A degree or equivalent
- Experience leading a team
- New business development experience
- Undertaking qualitative research in a Market Research agency or similar organisation
- Project management experience
- Report writing experience
- Client management and development
- Post-graduate degree
- Undertaking communications research
- Online/digital research
- Qualitative research techniques and analysis
- Knowledge of UK government policymaking
- Business development techniques
- Financial and HR management
Personal qualities: Enthusiastic, motivated, proactive, curious, organised, collaborative and committed. This role will involve essential travel across the UK for fieldwork and meetings.
TNS is an equal opportunities employer.